Christian Women’s Job Corps-Golden Triangle, MS (CWJC-GT)
Planting Seeds of Hope
Ministry and Mission of CWJC-GT
See more information in About Us regarding the CWJC ministry and mission.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Jesus said: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7.
- If women are asking, seeking and knocking for enrichment, let us respond to them in the name of Jesus Christ.
- CWJC cares whether they succeed or fail.
- CWJC cares that each participant hears and understands the truth of God’s Word.
- CWJC cares that participants feel stronger, wiser and understand their value in Christ.
- “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” 1 John 2:15.
- The world teaches from a human perspective, while CWJC-GT teaches from a godly perspective. “Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.’” Matthew 16:23.
- We are incorporating scripture in all classes and activities in the hope that our participants will be moved by the Holy Spirit to make a change for the better.
- We are attempting to ensure that each participant is successful, even in the small things, to create a sense of hope and perseverance.
- We are presenting people with God’s truth about what’s possible, rather than the world’s opinion of what’s possible. “Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26.
3. How do these classes help further God’s Kingdom?
- Jesus said: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” Matthew 28:19
- Our first priority is NOT to offer classes for the computer or to teach job skills. It is about facilitating an opportunity for people to BEGIN SEEKING GOD.
- We are called as Christians to plant a seed for God, but only GOD can make it grow.
- “So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.” 1 Corinthians 3:7
- Although learning the computer and how to write a resume’ are important skills to have for employment, without knowing God, all of it becomes worthless.
- “Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God Him the Father has placed His seal of approval.” John 6:27.
4. Does CWJC-GT find jobs for the participants?
- Each person is called to a specific job that is only set by God. It is not our place to dictate which job God has laid out for each individual, but to pray that God reveals it to them.
- “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them”. Ephesians 2:10-11.
- We strive to provide employment training and job search tools to the participants, but we are not a job placement agency.
- Jesus sent out the disciples saying: “ 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.” Matthew 10:9-10.
- Only God can provide exactly what we need, when we need it.
5. What’s so special about CWJC-GT’s Strength-Based Ministry?
- CWJC-GT seeks the Lord in prayer to enact a Strength-Based Ministry approach to empower participants to make the changes necessary to reach their goals. We believe that each person has the capacity for change and growth by way of the Holy Spirit which requires us to focus on their resources: Talents, goals, and experiences.
- It is NOT our job to lead each participant in the way we want them to go, but to walk alongside each participant and allow God to lead them.
“Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17
- “Walking alongside” may be facilitated via the classroom environment and/or the Christian Friendships. A Mentor/Christian Friend is a volunteer who is paired with a participant to offer one-on-one encouragement, prayer and friendship.