Christian Women’s Job Corps, Golden Triangle, MS (CWJC-GT)
Planting Seeds of Hope
ADDITIONAL CWJC SUPPORT OPPORTUNITIES
When are the classes offered? See current calendar for open enrollment dates.
- Session meets end of August through mid-November
- ENROLL IN AUGUST
- Level 1 Day classes 8:45 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Level 2 Night classes 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Session meets February through April
- ENROLL IN DECEMBER AND JANUARY
- Level 2 Day classes 8:45 a.m. – 12:00 noon (Call for information)
- Level 1 Night classes 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
New Participants enroll in Level 1. Participants who complete the Level 1 session will receive a Graduation Certificate and may enroll in Level 2 with the minimum education requirements.
All adult women from the Golden Triangle area who desire to learn skills for life and employment are welcome to apply! See Application Requirements for additional information.
Many employers look for technical skills, and our classes can help you develop your computer capabilities!
Contact us to be put on the Prospective Participant list or if you have questions about the ministry.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
Level 1 Classes
During the Level 1 training session, participants will be engaged in classes such as:
- Computer Skills – Introductory Microsoft Office WORD, Professional letters, Formatting
- Chronological Bible Study – Non-denominational Bible Study examining the Scriptures from Genesis through the Resurrection, with emphasis on Life Application
- Business Communications – Resume’, Cover Letters, Interviewing, Business Etiquette
- Money Management – Budgeting, Credit Management, Debt Management
- Relationships Building – Healthy Family relationships
- Anger Management & Conflict Resolution – Resolving issues at work and at home between individuals
Level 2 Classes
During the Level 2 training session, participants will be engaged in classes such as:
- Computer Skills – More in-depth Microsoft Office WORD training, Some Introductory EXCEL
- Biblical Foundations – Non-denominational Bible Study that engages each participant in more consistent and deeper biblical study
- Career Development & Job Searching – More in-depth career development training and job search strategies
- Boundaries – Setting healthy boundaries in our relationships at home and at work
“Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Additional Support Opportunities for Prospects, Participants, Graduates
ALUMNAE SUPPORT GROUP
The Alumnae Support Group Bible Study is open to participants, graduates, and prospective participants. It currently meets weekly on Tuesdays at a central location in the Golden Triangle area. Contact us for more information.
The Computer Lab, equipped with internet and a printer, is available to CWJC participants, graduates, and prospective participants. Tasks you can perform in the Computer Lab include but are not limited to:
- Performing job searches
- Submitting job applications
- Working on assignments or projects
- Practicing keyboarding and other computer skills
- Printing needed documents
CWJC participants and graduates are welcome to visit our Clothing Closet where dedicated volunteers can help in choosing the right outfit and accessories for a job interview or for church (subject to availability). With an eye for style, color, and size, our volunteers are gifted in creating a total look for each of our ladies. We offer you free one-on-one consultations to help you look your best. Contact us to set up to a time to visit.