All women from Oktibbeha, Lowndes and Clay counties, over the age of 18, are welcome to enroll in the free training sessionsLevel I Day Class – New Applicant Enrollment: Day classes will begin in September 2015 Call for enrollment dates Level I Night Schedule Spring 2015 Tuesdays/Thursdays evenings Call 662-722-3016 or 662-328-6802 for info or to enroll.
Sponsored by the Golden Triangle Baptist Association and the Women’s Missionary Union, CWJC offers free job skills and life skills training services to adult women of all races, religions, creeds and socio-economic status and provides resources for educational and employment needs. Our focus area includes unemployed and underemployed women from Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties who are suffering from financial need, low self-esteem, abuse and a lack of marketable job skills. Although an outreach program of the Golden Triangle Baptist Association, CWJC operates with its own Advisory Council and budget. Applicants and participants are not required to be a Christian to apply, be admitted or graduate from training.
Our motto is a hand up, not a handout. CWJC is not an employment agency, but instead provides job training that will help guide participants in their search to gain or maintain stable employment. By communicating with local employment agencies and area employers, we offer referrals and networking with business professionals who will give insight and advice about the current job market. Each session typically includes a non-denominational Bible study, Basic computer, Money Management, Communications, Health & Nutrition, Relationship Building, Anger Management & Conflict Resolution, Employer Round table discussions, one-on-one Mentoring and Jobs for Life training.
CWJC is a part of the Golden Triangle Baptist Association and all women from Oktibbeha, Lowndes and Clay counties, regardless of religion, are welcome to enroll in the free computer training and job training sessions. The training is typically held twice a year from January – April (night classes) and again from September – November (day classes). A Level II class is also offered for our graduates. Call for more details about specific dates and times.
For those interested in applying, you may email the CWJC Site Coordinator at email@example.com, call us at (662) 722-3016, or call the Golden Triangle Baptist Association at (662) 328-6802 with further questions about the program.
- All applicants must meet the admission criteria below to be accepted into the classes.
- The services of Christian Women’s Job Corps are available to all women without regard for race, religion, creed and/or socio-economic status.
- All women, over the age of 18, from the Golden Triangle area of Mississippi are welcome to apply and enroll in CWJC training. This includes women from Clay, Lowndes and Oktibbeha counties, but can also include women from surrounding counties if it is determined that another Christian Women’s Job Corps site is not easily accessible.
- Applicants and participants are not required to be a Christian to apply, be admitted or graduate from CWJC training.
Applicants to the CWJC Golden Triangle program are required to:
- Have a desire to develop skills for employment;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have a high school diploma, high school equivalency, a GED or be in the process of obtaining a GED;
- Have transportation to get to and from class each day. (Depending on funding, gas assistance is available to participants traveling 20 miles or more one way).
- An applicant who is recovering from chemical dependency must be drug and alcohol free for at least 6 months before being accepted into the program. (Although this is not a question on the application, all interviewers are to report any suspicion of substance abuse.)
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
“Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9